Tuesday, May 08, 2012

TCAF

Guys, for serious. TCAF was awesome. I know, this must seem like a broken record. Every early May I come on here bleeting about my favorite show. Well too bad. It is my favorite show, so you guys are just going to have to deal with that. Personally the show went great for me. I hit a new personal best for myself in sales and the new book, Sassy Mavericks: A Space Cops Story, seemed to go over really well. Creatively the show was awesome as well. As you can see above from my haul I got some awesome books. Becky Cloonan's The Mire and Jesse Jacobs' book By this shall you know him are the only two I've read so far..and let me tell you, they are both awesome. Thanks to Chris, Miles and Peter for putting on such an awesome show every year and letting me be a part of it. It really is the best show. The organization, great volunteers, curated exhibitors, free admission and awesome programming add up to make a really unique experience as far as comic shows go. The energy as well; super positive. That really stood out to me at the TCAFter party, Butcher, Miles and Peter were giving their closing speech and everyone was really dialed in and feeling the sense of community. Anyhow, every TCAF I come out super energetic about comics again. Knocking out page after page in seclusion can be pretty rough sometimes but when everyone gets together at shows like TCAF it's easier to remember why comics are so awesome. So what else, Sassy Mavericks is currently going up on my website now, check it out.

No comments: